Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ABOUT SCIFINDER (CHEMICAL ABSTRACTS)
SciFinder provides access to the Chemical Abstracts database, produced by the American Chemical Society.
Chemical Abstracts is the premier research tool for chemical sciences and related disciplines. It covers published journal articles, reports, chemical data, patent records, and much more.
NEW USERS MUST REGISTER WITH SCIFINDER
First-time users of SciFinder must register and create a personal login.
After filling out the form, you will receive a confirmation email. Use the link in the email to confirm your registration.
Create your SciFinder login here.
You only need to create your personal login once! Once you have it, you can go directly to SciFinder.
Things to know:
- You MUST use your official CSUSB email address (ending in @csusb.edu or @coyote.csusb.edu) to register.
- Password must be from 7 to 15 characters long.
- Password must include a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols (such as # $ % & !).
- The confirmation link in the email message expires 48 hours after being created. If you fail to use it within that time, you must create a new login.
Go to the SciFinder database.
Things to know:
- You will always be asked for your personal login, on or off campus.
- Off-campus, you'll have to login twice: once with your usual Pfau Library login, and once with your personal SciFinder login.
- You may receive a warning about installing a java plug-in. Allow the installation! SciFinder uses this plug-in for 3D modeling.
- Pop up windows must be enabled.
Techincal Requirements for SciFinder (with useful info for Mac users!)
Campus Contact for SciFinder is librarian Stacy Magedanz, email@example.com, 909 537 5103.