Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Updated Tuesday, Oct. 18.
Flood Repairs Continue: What's Open and Closed?
Due to water damage on the Basement and First Floor levels of Pfau Library, we've made temporary changes to services.
- Pfau Library is OPEN, but not all services are available.
- East side of the library's first floor: CLOSED for the immediate future
- West side of the first floor and all of the upper floors: OPEN.
- Main library north & south entry doors: CLOSED, but...
- There's a temporary library entrance OPEN on the north side of the building. Please watch for directional signage!
- Starbucks: OPEN, but there will be no access from inside the library. Please use the south exterior door that leads directly into Starbucks.
- Check-Out Desk and Course Reserves: OPEN, but relocated to the second floor, PL-2005.
- Research Assistance is OPEN. Librarians are "on call" for in-person assistance; just ask at the temporary Check-Out Desk on 2nd floor. Virtual assistance via phone, email, chat, or text is also available.
- Computers and printers in the library's Reference Area: NOT AVAILABLE. ALTERNATIVE ACCESS: Computer terminals and printers are available in the Library Wedge computer lab, PL-1109 (a.k.a. "The Cave").
- Copying & Scanning: AVAILABLE but limited. A flatbed scanner is available on the second floor next to our temporary Check-Out Desk. A photocopier is available on the 3rd floor, across from the elevators.
- Innovation Lab: CLOSED.
- PL-5005, Library Multimedia Center and Study Rooms: CLOSED, but you can still check out LMMC Equipment such as cameras and lighting from the Check-Out Desk on second floor.
- For technical assistance with iPads and laptops, contact Library IT by calling 909-537-5116 between 9am - 6pm. You may also visit the Technology Support Center in the Library Wedge, PL-1108, or call them at 909-537-7677.
- The 2nd floor classrooms (numbered 2xx) in Pfau Library, accessible from the exterior stairwells and elevator, are still open and classes are meeting as usual.
- Basement level classroom PL-025 is open. To reach it, enter the Library Wedge (west wing) on the first floor and take the elevator to the basement. Classes in PL-013 & PL-015 have been temporarily relocated; check with your instructor for specifics.
Borrowing Services (Print Course Reserves, ILL, Pfau Collection)
Borrowing print materials from Pfau Library collections and Course Reserves is now available at the relocated Check-Out Desk on the 2nd floor. Requesting of physical books through Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is available again as of Oct. 3.
What you need to know:
- Overdue fines accrued during Pfau Library closure will be waived.
- Need a laptop? Please contact the Check-Out Desk to check availability, 909 537-5090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please return laptops, iPads, and other equipment to the 2nd floor Check-Out Desk.
- Need a piece of LMMC equipment, such as a camera or lighting kit?
- Go to our page on how to Check Out Audio-Visual Equipment.
- Click through to the item you want, then choose the link "Check availability of [name of item]"
- Select the option "Please sign in to see request options..."
- Choose "Request this item for pickup"
- Select the loction "Pfau Library."
- We will notify you when the item is ready, and you will pick it up at the 2nd floor Check-Out Desk.
- DVDs from Pfau Library's collection are temporarily unavailable during the construction.
- If you are unable to access the Pfau Library via the temporary north entrance, please contact email@example.com to arrange reservations for pick-up of books and/or equipment. An ADA compliant entrance should be under construction soon.
The Research Assistance Desk is temporarily closed, but Reference Librarians are on call for in-person help; just ask at the temporary Check-Out Desk on the 2nd floor. Help is also available virtually when you choose one of the options below:
- Ask a Librarian - Live chat with a CSUSB librarian.
- Email or text a CSUSB librarian: 909-542-8990.
- Call a CSUSB librarian: 909 537-3328
- After hours, use the 24/7 option for live chat with a non-CSUSB librarian.
- FAQ - Online answers to common questions.
- Schedule a research appointment