1. Display the main page for the video you want.
2. Click the Share icon.
3. Choose Copy Permalink from the bottom of the screen.
4. Paste the URL into your web page.
A correctly formed URL will look something like this:
If the URL you copied already had the proxy information included, that works too, and you don't need to add anything. Example:
Example: Cyrano de Bergerac
To create a clip in AVON, you must first have a personal AVON account. To create one, click the person icon in the upper right corner, then use the option to register as a new user.
1. In AVON, navigate to the video you want to use and click Play.
2. Make note of the timestamp for the beginning of segment you want to clip, such as 35:46, and its end, such as 41:03. Timestamps are displayed below the video's timeline. In the example below, this short video is only two minutes and ten seconds long, but it has been running for 33 seconds.
3. You can either click the scissors icon just below the video player or the Clips tab from the menu above it and then the scissors icon Create Clip button that appears in the popup window.
4. The "Create a clip" window will appear. Clip Title is required; it will be visible when you share the clip. You may also want to enter a short description.
6. Drag the playhead markers to the appropriate start & finish points for your clip.
7. Change the status, Only visible to you to MAKE THE CLIP VISIBLE WITHIN YOUR INSTITUTION!!! Otherwise your students will not be able to view it.
8. Click the Save Changes button.
1. Once your clip is created, it will appear in your Clips area.
2. Click the 3-dot icon on the clip.
3. Chose Share.
4. Choose Copy Permalink and paste the URL into your Web page. (The library does NOT recommend the embed option!)
5. Add the library's proxy prefix to the front of the URL: http://libproxy.lib.csusb.edu/login?url=
6. When your students follow the link to the clip, it will play only the segment you have selected.