Sometimes professors will give you assignments that require you to find magazine articles. These are different from scholarly journal articles. This guide will show you how to limit a keyword search in one of our databases to magazine articles.
Please note that some of our databases do not contain magazine articles
while others that do don't have a convenient way to limit a search to them!
1. On the library's website (www.csusb.edu/library), click on the Choose a Database button.
2. On the next screen, scroll down to find the General/All Topics link and click on it.
3. On the next screen, click on the link for the EBSCOhost Academic Search Premier database.
4. Enter a keyword search. In this example, we are searching for ancient Egypt.
5. On the left side of the next screen, find Source Types and click in the box next to Magazines. Your search results will automatically be refined to a list of magazine articles.
This is just one example of in a database that contains a lot of magazines. When searching our other databases, watch for similar options to limit a keyword search.