Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Flood Repairs Continue: What's Open and Closed?
Due to water damage on the Basement and First Floor levels of Pfau Library, we've made temporary changes to services.
- Pfau Library is OPEN, but not all services are available.
- NEW! The library's main entrances are open again for Spring Semester.
- Starbucks: OPEN, and access from inside the library is available again.
- East side of the first floor: OPEN for foot traffic, although we do not have new furniture in place yet.
- West side of the first floor and all of the upper floors: OPEN.
- Check-Out Desk and Course Reserves: OPEN, but relocated to the second floor, PL-2005.
- Research Assistance is OPEN. Librarians are "on call" for in-person assistance; just ask at the temporary Check-Out Desk on 2nd floor. Virtual assistance via phone, email, chat, or text is also available.
- Computers and printers in the library's Reference Area: NOT AVAILABLE. ALTERNATIVE ACCESS: Computer terminals and printers are available in the Library Wedge computer lab, PL-1109 (a.k.a. "The Cave").
- Copying & Scanning: AVAILABLE but limited. A flatbed scanner is available on the second floor next to our temporary Check-Out Desk. A photocopier is available on the 3rd floor, across from the elevators.
- Innovation Lab: CLOSED.
- PL-5005 Study Rooms: OPEN as of Feb. 6. Media equipment formerly available in 5005 can be obtained from the Check-Out Desk on second floor.
- For technical assistance with iPads and laptops, contact Library IT by calling 909-537-5116 between 9am - 6pm. You may also visit the Technology Support Center in the Library Wedge, PL-1108, or call them at 909-537-7677.
- The 2nd floor classrooms (numbered 2xx) in Pfau Library, accessible from the exterior stairwells and elevator, are still open and classes are meeting as usual.
- Basement level classrooms PL-025 and PL-015 are open. To reach them, enter the Library Wedge (west wing) on the first floor and take the elevator to the basement. Classroom PL-013 remains closed.
Borrowing Services (Print Course Reserves, ILL, Pfau Collection)
Borrowing print materials from Pfau Library collections and Course Reserves is now available at the relocated Check-Out Desk on the 2nd floor.
What you need to know:
- Need a laptop? Check our laptop lending page for the most current information. If you have questions, please contact Circulation staff at 909 537-5090 or email@example.com
- Please return laptops, iPads, and other equipment to the 2nd floor Check-Out Desk.
- Need a piece of media equipment, such as a camera or lighting kit?
- Go to our page on how to Check Out Audio-Visual Equipment.
- Click through to the item you want, then choose the link "Check availability of [name of item]"
- Select the option "Please sign in to see request options..."
- Choose "Request this item for pickup"
- Select the loction "Pfau Library."
- We will notify you when the item is ready, and you will pick it up at the 2nd floor Check-Out Desk.
- DVDs from Pfau Library's collection are temporarily unavailable during construction.
The Research Assistance Desk is temporarily closed, but Reference Librarians are on call for in-person help; just ask at the temporary Check-Out Desk on the 2nd floor. Help is also available virtually when you choose one of the options below:
- Ask a Librarian - Live chat with a CSUSB librarian.
- Email or text a CSUSB librarian: 909-542-8990.
- Call a CSUSB librarian: 909 537-3328
- After hours, use the 24/7 option for live chat with a non-CSUSB librarian.
- FAQ - Online answers to common questions.
- Schedule a research appointment