Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SciFinder-n is the premier research tool for chemical sciences and related disciplines. It covers published journal articles, reports, chemical data, patent records, and much more.
NEW USERS MUST REGISTER
First-time CSUSB users must register and create a personal login.
Create your SciFinder-n login here.
After filling out the online form, you will receive a confirmation email. Use the link in the email to confirm your registration. You only need to create your personal login once!
Things to know:
- You MUST use your official CSUSB email address (ending in @csusb.edu or @coyote.csusb.edu) to register.
- Password must be from 7 to 15 characters long.
- Password must include a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols (such as # $ % & !).
- The confirmation link in the email message expires 48 hours after being created. If you fail to use it within that time, you must create a new login.
Go to the SciFinder-n database.
Things to know:
- You will always be asked for your personal login, on or off campus.
- Off-campus, you'll have to login twice: once with your normal Coyote login, and once with your personal SciFinder login.
- Add https://scifinder-n.cas.org to your browser’s "Trusted Sites" and Pop-up blocker Exceptions lists.
Technical Requirements for SciFinder-n (Windows & Mac).
The campus contact for SciFinder-n is librarian Stacy Magedanz, email@example.com, 909 537 5103.