Skip to Main Content
- If the image appears blurry on the screen, you can use the focus controls on the left menu bar to sharpen the focus of the image.
- You may need to toggle between the Focus In and Focus Out controls to achieve the desired clarity in the image. You may also choose to have ViewScan focus the image for you by selecting Auto Focus. NOTE: The Auto Focus process can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. If you cancel the process, your image will likely be blurry.
Adjust Image Controls
- If the image is still difficult to read after using the focusing controls, you can adjust the image further by clicking on the Auto Adjust icon on the left menu bar.
- For manual control options, you can select Adjust Light Levels and Manual Adjust. The Manual Adjust window allows you to control the Brightness, Contrast, and Sharpen levels that you feel are best for viewing your document.
Zooming In/Out Controls
- You can increase or decrease the size of the image by using the Zoom In and Zoom Out controls. This method will make use of the camera's optics to increase or decrease the size of the image, thereby giving you a better image than simply using the magnifying controls.
- To increase the size of the image, use the Zoom In option. To decrease the size of the image, use the Zoom Out option.
- You will have to re-focus the image after using either zoom option. NOTE: To zoom in as much as possible, use the Digital Zoom option. This option employs Raster Technology Lossless Scaling to capture small portions of the page.
Magnifying the Image
- You can also use the Magnify controls to increase the size of the image. This method uses computer software to increase the size; therefore, it will not provide as accurate an image as using the zoom controls. First, select the Cropping tab in the top menu bar, and then Magnify on the left bar.
- Once you click on Magnify, a pull down menu will appear with a slider control on the left side. Simply drag the slider to the desired level of magnification.